What if?™ Publications
- Pettit, Christoper J. and Ray Wyatt. A Planning Support System Toolkit Approach for Formulating and Evaluating Land-use Change Scenarios. In Planning Support Systems: Best Practice and New Methods. Stan Geertman and John Stillwell, eds. Heidelberg: Springer, 2009, pp. 69-90.
- Klosterman, Richard E. A New Tool for a New Planning: The What if?™ Planning Support System.
In Planning Support Systems for Cities and Regions. Richard K. Brail, ed. Cambridge, MA: Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, 2008, pp. 85-99. View Document
- Pettit, C.J., Keysers, J., Bishop, I.D. and Klosterman, R. (2008) Applying the What if? Planning Support System for Better Planning at the Urban Fringe.
In Landscape Analysis and Visualisation: Spatial Models for Natural Resource Management and Planning, C. Pettit, C, W. Cartwright, I. Bishop, K. Lowell, D. Pullar, and D. Duncan, eds. Springer, Berlin, 2008, pp. 435-454. View Document
- Asgary, A., Klosterman, R. and Razami, A. “Sustainable Urban Growth Management Using What if?.” International Journal of Environmental Research 1:3 (Summer 2007): 218-230.
- Klosterman, Richard E. “Deliberating About the Future.” In Engaging the Future: Forecasts, Scenarios, Projects and Plans, Lewis D. Hopkins and Marisa A. Zapata, eds. Cambridge, MA:
Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, 2007, pp. 199-220. View Document
- McColl, Chris and Graeme Aggett. “Land-use Forecasting and Hydrologic Model Integration for Improved Land-use Decision Support.” Journal of Environmental Management 84 (2007): 494-512.
- Miskowiak, Douglas A. “GIS Supports Community-Based Planning in Waupaca County, Wisconsin.” Government Matters (Fall 2007): 12-13. View Document
- National Association of Counties. Summit County, Ohio: Visualizing the Benefits of Wetland and Water Resources Protection Measures.
In County Water Quality Issue Brief: Using GIS Tools to Link Land Use Decisions to Water Resource Protection. Washington, D.C. National Association of Counties, 2007, pp. 16-17, 19. View Document
- Klosterman, Richard E., Loren Siebert, Mohammed Ahmadul Hoque, Jung-wook Kim and Aziza Parveen. “What if? Evaluation of Growth Management Strategies for a Declining Region.” International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management 6:1/2 (2006): 79-95.
- Li, Yuan; Zhu, Qing; and Wang, Jingwen. "What if-based MCE-GIS Method in Urban Planning Application:
A Case Study of Huizhou Concept Planning." Urban Planning Overseas 2006, 21(1):89-92. (in Chinese). View Document
- Khoei, Ziba, Ali Asgary, and Mojtaba Rafieian. “Application of What if? planning support system on regional land use planning to preserve natural ecosystem and agriculture lands. Journal of Environmental Studies 31:38 (2006): 81-92.
- Pettit, Christopher J. “Use of a collaborative GIS-based planning support system to assist in formulating a sustainable-development scenario for Hervey Bay, Australia.”
Environment and Planning, B: Planning and Design 32:4 (July 2005): 523-546.
- Du, Ningrui and Li, Yuan. “Planning support system (PSS) and its application to decision-making for urban spatial development.”
Engineering Journal of Wuhan University. 38:1 (February 2005): 137-142 (in Chinese). View Document
- Kweon, Ihl, Jung-Wok Kim, and Bong-Moon Choi. “A Simulation of the Growth of the Seoul Metropolitan’s Build-up Area with a GIS-based PSS Model.”
Journal of the Korean Planners Association 39:7 (2004): 69-84 (In Korean).
- Li, Yuan. “Planning Support for Urban Spatial Development: A Case Study of Zhenning County.”
Thesis submitted to the ITC. September 2003.
- McClintock, Tom and Larry Cutforth. “Land Use Impacts for the Black Earth Creek Watershed Modeled with GIS.” ArcNews 25:2 (Summer 2003): 26-27. View Document
- Webb, Benjamin L. “An Analysis of Future Land Use Change in Licking County: An Application of an Interactive GIS-Based Planning Support System.”
Granville, OH: Denison University: 2003.
- Ding, Chengri. “What if? Planning Support System. Users Guide: Version 1.0. Developed by Richard E. Klosterman (software review).”
Journal of Planning Education and Research 22:1 (Fall 2002) 88-90.
- Klosterman, Richard E., Loren Siebert, Mohammed Ahmadul Hoque, Jung-wook Kim and Aziza Parveen. “Using an Operational Planning Support System to Evaluate Farmland Preservation Policies.”
In Planning Support Systems in Practice, Stan Geertman and John Stillwell, eds. Heidelberg: Springer, 2002.
- Klosterman, Richard E., Loren Siebert, Mohammed Ahmadul Hoque, Jung-wook Kim and Aziza Parveen.
“Farmland Preservation Policies Studied with GIS.” ArcNews 24:1 (Spring 2002): 14. View Document
- Kweon, Ihl and Jung-Wook Kim. “Urban Land Use Planning With a PSS-based Land Use Change Model.”
Journal of the Geographic Information System Association of Korea 10:4 (2002): 512-532.
- Pettit, Christopher J. “Balancing Growth and Natural Beauty.” Government Matters (Fall 2002): 8. View Document
- Pettit, Christopher J. “Formulating a Sustainable Development Land Use Scenario Using GIS.” ArcNews 24:3 (Fall 2002): 16. View Document
- Klosterman, Richard E. “The What if? Planning Support System.” In Planning Support Systems, Richard K. Brail and Richard E. Klosterman, eds. Redlands, CA:
Environmental Systems Research Institute, 2001. View Document
- Klosterman, Richard E. “The What if? Collaborative Planning Support System.” Urban Management Quarterly Journal. 1:3 (Autumn 2000): 110-119. (In Persian)
- Klosterman, Richard E. “The What if? Collaborative Planning Support System.” Environment and Planning, B: Planning and Design. 26 (1999): 393-408.