What if? 2.0 has been developed by What if?, Inc. a privately held corporation founded in 1996.
Richard E. Klosterman, Ph.D., President and CEO of What if?, Inc. holds a Ph.D. in City and Regional Planning from Cornell University and a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Purdue University and has over 30 years of experience developing computer software for planning.
His publications include:
- Planning Support System: Integrating Geographic Information Systems, Models and Visualization Tools. (Edited with Richard K. Brail), 2001.
- Hypothetical City Workbook: Exercises, Spreadsheets and GIS Data to Accompany Urban Land Use Planning, Fourth Edition. (With Edward J. Kaiser, David R. Godschalk and Ann-Margaret Esnard), 1998.
- Spreadsheet Models for Urban and Regional Analysis. (Edited with Richard K. Brail and Earl G. Bossard), 1994 .
- Community Analysis and Planning Techniques, 1990.
- Over 30 articles in refereed journals, 25 book chapters and 30 other publications.
- More than 100 presentations at national and international conferences.